Saturday 28 May 2011

Fancy Dress Crab

Crab is one of my husband's favourite things, so I ordered some beautiful dressed crab from Seafood and Eat It, via Abel & Cole. The thing about this is that it's the easiest meal in the world to prepare - I mean what can you possibly do to improve it? The only thing I wanted with it was a lovely salad and some home made mayonnaise.

The salad's base was a finely sliced baby gem lettuce and cubed cucumber, with lots of things from the garden added in to give it a bit of extra interest. Doing the rounds of the garden I picked up: coriander, mint, garlic chives, ordinary chives, parsley, basil, fennel leaves, thyme, oregano, marjoram and nasturtium leaves. To this chopped greenery I added quartered vine tomatoes, black olives, a finely chopped spring onion and a basic dressing of olive oil, lemon juice, a little white wine vinegar, salt and pepper.

This time my mayo was made with rapeseed oil and just the basics of mustard, egg yolk, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Rapeseed oil gives it a lovely nutty flavour and has a great aftertaste.

Follow with a hot cup of herb tea and an episode of doctor who.

No comments:

Post a Comment