Monday 30 May 2011

Laziest Fruit Tart Ever

I had some blueberries delivered on Friday, I was intending to eat them as they are but, when I was in the supermarket earlier due to cat food and shampoo shortages, I walked past some Spanish nectarines and had a sudden craving. 

I'm sure I've seen Nigella make a fruit tart with blueberries and nectarines before, and I decided this was exactly what I wanted to eat tonight. 

I picked up three nectarines and some pre-made puff pastry (super-laze), knowing I already had cream and sugar at home. There is definitely a gap in the market for organic pre-made pastry, not even waitrose sell any. 

Rolled out the pastry and scored a border, covered it with thinly sliced nectarines, topped with the blueberries and lots of muscovado sugar. Baked it in the oven at 220 degrees for 20-25 minutes. 

I cut us a huuuuge slice each, covered them with double cream, ate the lot, felt deliciously fat and fell asleep on the sofa. Aaah, bank holiday weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment